Three cable cars
Garmisch-Classic Round Trip
Three cable cars to take you to the adventure highlights in the Garmisch-Classic area: The Garmisch-Classic Round Trip connects all important attractions in the hiking and ski area.
Information on the Round Trip
- Start and finish: Alpspitzbahn cable car valley station
- Stops: Alpspitzbahn valley station – Osterfelderkopf – Hochalm – Kreuzeckbahn mountain station – Kreuzeckbahn valley station (located next to the Alpspitzbahn valley station)
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Mountain railways: Alpspitzbahn, Hochalmbahn and Kreuzeckbahn cable cars
- Season: summer & winter
Itinerary of the Round Trip
Up to Osterfelderkopf
The Alpspitzbahn cable car takes you on a 9-minute ride up to Osterfelderkopf. Once there, you can explore numerous hiking trails and scenic viewpoints.
Highlights on Osterfelderkopf:
- hiking trails (in summer)
- summit adventure trail (in summer)
- AlpspiX viewing platform
- ski-touring (in winter)
Refreshment stops: Restaurant Alpspitz
Down to the Hochalm
The Hochalmbahn cable car takes guests down to 1,700 metres above sea level to the Hochalm. In summer hikers can also cover this route via the alpine terraces on foot: To do so, simply follow the Genuss-Erlebnisweg (Pleasure Adventure Trail) and allow for an additional hour or so!
Whether you arrive by cable car or on foot: In both cases, it then takes about 30 minutes to walk downhill from the Hochalm along a wide, well-kept path to the Kreuzeckbahn mountain station.
- scenic views and wonderful moments in nature
- for mountain railway passengers: ride on the Hochalmbahn cable car
- for hikers in summer: interactive stations along the Genuss-Erlebnisweg (Pleasure Adventure Trail)
Refreshment stops: Hochalm and Kreuzeckhaus
Of course, the Round Trip is also possible in the opposite direction. Another option: to use only individual cable cars to explore the Garmisch-Classic area.
FAQ for the Garmisch-Classic Round Trip
Dogs are allowed on the premises and at the facilities of Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG. Please note: Tickets for dogs are only available on site at the ticket counter. Price: 6 euros (one-off). A muzzle is not obligatory but is recommended out of consideration for other passengers, especially in large cable car cabins and on the cogwheel train.
No. Bicycles are not allowed on the mountain railways of Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG.
The Alpspitzbahn, Kreuzeckbahn and Hochalmbahn cable cars are barrier-free and can be used with a wheelchair or rollator without any problems. Please find out in advance about accessible travel in the Garmisch-Classic area!