The sunrise rides on Germany's highest mountain are fascinating and sporty at the same time. The long day on Zugspitze begins at 7 a.m. with a ride in the Cable car Zugspitze up to an altitude of almost 3,000 meters. Half an hour later the sun rises and bathes the 400 surrounding peaks in golden light.
An unforgettable picture that you can also enjoy during breakfast, because the unlimited view is included in the Panorama 2962 restaurant on the Zugspitze. Afterwards you'll be the first to carve your turns on the still untouched pistes.
07.01.2023 | 14.01.2023 | 21.01.2023 | 28.01.2023 | 04.02.2023
In winter, the days are a little shorter, but at "Morgenglühen" sun worshipers get the maximum of yellow-golden radiance – with a view of four countries and more than 400 peaks.
The Morgenglühen ticket includes the following services:
- Sunrise ride with the Cable car Zugspitze (first ascent at 7 a.m.)
- Breakfast buffet in the Panorama 2962 restaurant
- Ascent and descent including use of the ski lifts
Adults € 77.00
Children (6-15 years) € 61.00
Season and annual pass holders € 36.00
- Please be at the valley station of the Cable car Zugspitze in good time.
- The Morgenglühen event can only be booked online via our online shop. The cash desks are not yet open at the time of the early special trip, so booking on site at short notice is not possible.
- If the Cable car Zugspitze is not able to start operating due to the weather, the trip will take place on the cogwheel train. Please note that it might be possible to arrive on the mountain after sunrise in this case. We then will inform you directly on site.
- Season and annual pass holders can book breakfast in the online shop without a cable ticket.
- The first ascent with the Cable car Zugspitze to the summit station is possible at 7:00 a.m. The Gletscherbahn cable car and the ski area are open regularly at 8:30 a.m.
- Tickets can be booked up to 12:00 p.m. the day before the event.