A paradise for kids
Ixis children’s area
Ixis children’s area on Hausberg offers a wide range of activities for families. The mascots Ixi and Mimi can always be found on the slopes and keep skiers of all ages entertained.
- Children’s area: On the practice slope next to the magic carpet, ski beginners can work on their first turns and practise their wedge christies on a small slalom course.
- Funline: Wave tracks, kickers, tunnels and much more are designed to encourage finding joy in sports and movement. At the same time, they are a playful way to improve the skiing technique of young skiers.
- Lifts: one conveyor belt (“magic carpet”) and 3 beginner’s lifts
- Refreshment stop: Drehmöser 9 and Garmischer Haus (both establishments are a few metres from Ixis children’s area and they offer a children’s menu)
- Stations from Felix Neureuther’s concept “Beweg’ dich Schlau”: The intention behind the four stations on Hausberg is to playfully support children and adults in developing their physical and coordination skills.
Specific exercises (possible with or without skis) improve the ability to concentrate but also coordination.
The stations can be identified by the blue cubes.
Please note: The exercises can also be done outside of skiing lessons with the help of the instruction boards.
“Beweg' dich Schlau” was developed by the Technical University of Munich in collaboration with Felix Neureuther. The German Ski Instructors Association eventually adapted the concept for winter sports and skiing lessons.
Info on tickets
- Children under 6 years of age ski for free when accompanied by their parents.
Note: In the context of skiing lessons, children under 6 also need a valid ticket.
- The so-called Kinderlandticket includes a ride up and down the mountain with the Hausbergbahn cable car as well as the use of the magic carpet in the children’s area.
- Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG offers attractive family rates for families with children between the ages of 6 and 18.
- Parents who share the care of their children can buy half-day tickets. Transfer of ski passes is not permitted.