for sports enthusiasts, families & seniors
The Garmisch-Classic area
Alpspitze, Kreuzeck & Hausberg
In the Garmisch-Classic hiking, climbing and ski area, there are numerous possibilities for excursions and activities for families, seniors as well as hobby and professional athletes. In summer as well as in winter, the Alpspitze and Kreuzeck mountains are optimally accessible via the cable cars of Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG. The Hausbergbahn cable car is only in operation in winter.
Facts & figures
At a glance
- 3 mountains: Alpspitze, Kreuzeck and Hausberg offer countless opportunities to explore nature in the Garmisch-Classic area. The mountain stations of the Alpspitzbahn and Kreuzeckbahn cable cars are starting points for numerous hikes and climbing tours.
- Garmisch-Classic ski area: The Garmisch-Classic ski area offers numerous possibilities for winter sports enthusiasts of all ages. The highlights: 40 kilometres of ski runs with four valley runs, the famous Kandahar downhill run and, for the little ones, Ixis children’s area.
- Cable cars:
- Summer: Alpspitzbahn, Kreuzeckbahn and Hochalmbahn make the Garmisch-Classic hiking and climbing area perfectly accessible.*
- Winter: Skiers and snowboarders explore the Garmisch-Classic ski area with the Alpspitzbahn, Kreuzeckbahn and Hausbergbahn.
- Garmisch-Classic Ticket: With a single ticket, visitors can conveniently use all 3 cable cars.*
- Refreshment stops:
- Drehmöser 9 (Hausbergbahn mountain station; open only in winter)
- Garmischer Haus (Hausbergbahn mountain station; open only in winter)
- Kandahar 2 (Kreuzeckbahn valley station)
The culinary establishments in the Garmisch-Classic area are open for day guests but can also be booked for events.
- Parking: Parking is available at the valley station of the Alpspitzbahn/Kreuzeckbahn and Hausbergbahn cable cars. For electric cars, there are designated EV charging stations at the Kreuzeckbahn valley station car park.
*) Due to construction work, the Hochalmbahn cable car is expected to be out of service until the end of August 2023. The Hochalmweg between Hochalm and Kreuzeck is also only partially accessible.
in the Garmisch-Classic area
- AlpspiX viewing platform: Not far from the Alpspitzbahn mountain station, 2 footbridges made of steel and glass allow visitors to enjoy an impressive panorama.
- Hiking: Numerous hiking trails have their starting point at the mountain stations of the Alpspitzbahn and the Kreuzeckbahn cable cars. The interactive adventure trails are among the highlights for families but also for senior citizens and leisurely hikers.
- Climbing: Experienced climbers will find challenging routes around Alpspitze.
- Highlights in the Garmisch-Classic ski area:
- 40 kilometres of ski runs
- four valley runs
- state-of-the-art infrastructure
- the famous Kandahar downhill run
- Ixis children’s area
- Ski touring routes for beginners and advanced ski tourers