Tickets for Zugspitze
All rates at a glance
Complete overview of summer rates
You can find all tariffs, discounts and the prices of the cogwheel train in the valley section in the overview. You can download it here as a PDF document.
Zugspitze tickets in summer
- The Ticket Zugspitze includes one ascent and one descent. The ticket can also be used for the Zugspitze Round Trip with the cogwheel train, the Gletscherbahn cable car and the Cable car Zugspitze.
- The 2 peak pass includes a Ticket Zugspitze and a Garmisch-Classic ticket. The day of purchase is the first day of validity. The second day can be chosen freely in the current winter season.
- The Gletscherbahn cable car can be used several times on the day of the visit.
- The one-way ascent or descent can be made either with the cogwheel train or the Cable car Zugspitze. One single ride on the Gletscherbahn cable car is included in the ticket.
- Family tariffs are valid for children from 6 to 18 years accompanied by at least one parent.
|Adult||Youth (16–18 y.)||Child (6–15 y.)||Family discount adult||Family discount child (6–18 y.)|
|Ticket Zugspitze||68,00 €||54,50 €||34,00 €||68,00 €||12,00 €|
|2 peak pass||81,00 €||65,00 €||40,50 €||81,00 €||18,00 €|
|One-way ticket||40,00 €||32,00 €||20,00 €||40,00€||8,00€|
ZugspitzCard and ClassicCard
More days – More possibilities
Guests who stay in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen region for several days can take advantage of numerous attractive offers free of charge or at reduced rates with the ClassicCard and ZugspitzCard.
Tickets & mountain railway travel
- Children under 6 travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Children from 6 to 15 years pay the children’s rate, youths from 16 to 18 years pay the youth rate. Family tickets or the “child in the family” rate: valid for families (children aged 6 to 18 accompanied by at least one parent). ID required for reduced rates.
- You are welcome to take your dog with you on our trains. The one-off charge for the ascent and descent is 6 euros.
- No free transport for people with disabilities in accordance with § 228 SGB IX on the Grainau – Zugspitze cogwheel train line and with the cable cars, chairlifts and surface lifts of Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG.
- No transport of bicycles.
- The tickets cannot be transferred.
- We would like to point out that when a mountain railway ticket is used, personal data (especially on the readers) is processed for control purposes and to prevent misuse of the ticket. The data will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements. For more information on the processing of your personal data, please visit https://zugspitze.de/privacy-policy and have a look at the relevant notices on site.