Camping on Mount Wank
The beautiful motorhome parking space in Garmisch-Partenkirchen is right at the valley station of the Wankbahn cable car. At the foot of Mount Wank, visitors can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of the village and the Wetterstein mountains with Alpspitze and Zugspitze.
Registration: You can register at the hut by the entrance. Reservations are not possible.
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Price per pitch: 19 euros
- Showers (1 euro per 6 minutes) and visitor’s tax (adults: 3 euros per person & night; children aged 6 to 15: 1 euro per person & night) are not included in the price.
- Reservation of a pitch or overnight stay in a tent as well as overnight stay in a caravan are not possible at the camp site on Mount Wank.
- If you arrive outside of our business hours, you can pay the parking fee for one night at the parking ticket machine next to the hut. You can get the guest card the next day at the reception of the parking space. Please present your parking ticket.
- During Christmas holidays (24. December 2022 to 6. January 2023) only a stay of at least three nights is possible.
- 110 pitches (designed for both smaller and larger vehicles)
- restrooms and washbasins on site
- showers at the Wankbahn valley station: 1 euro per 6 minutes
- free internet: login data for WiFi available on registration
- electric and fresh water hook-ups
- disposal facilities for rubbish, grey water and black water (chemical toilets)
Please note: In winter, grey water disposal may not be possible due to snow and ice.
- Possibilities to exchange gas bottles: Replacement gas bottles are available at the camp site on Mount Wank as well as at the nearby hagebaumarkt (hardware store) and at Baustoffe FRAJO.
- In summer, guests of the camp site can have breakfast at Sonnenalm at a reduced price. Discount codes for booking the “Breakfast on Mount Wank” combination ticket are provided to guests on registration
- Supermarket: 800 metres or a 10-minute walk from the camp site on Mount Wank
- Excursions & activities: The camp site is located close to the Wankbahn valley station and thus boasts direct access to all activities on Mount Wank
- Restaurants (only open in summer): Wankstüberl (Wankbahn valley station) and Sonnenalm on Mount Wank
- Transport connections: During the summer season (until November 21, 2022) and during the Christmas holidays (December 24, 2022 – January 8, 2023), local bus lines 4 and 5 go to the valley station of the Wankbahn cable car.