Camping on Mount Wank
The beautiful motorhome parking space in Garmisch-Partenkirchen is right at the valley station of the Wankbahn cable car. At the foot of Mount Wank, visitors can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of the village and the Wetterstein mountains with Alpspitze and Zugspitze.
Registration: You can register at the hut by the entrance. Reservations are not possible.
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Price per pitch:
- High season (26.05.–11.06. | 01.07.–31.10. | 22.12–07.01.)
23,00 € per night
- Low season(12.06.–30.06. | 01.11.–21.12. | 08.01.–22.03.)
20,00 € per night
- Not included in the price are showers (1,00 € per 6 minutes), electricity (1,00 € per 1 kWh) and visitor’s tax (adults: 3,00 € per night; children 6 to 15: 1,00 € per night).
- Reservation of a pitch or overnight stay in a tent are not possible at Camp am Wank.
- Trailer vehicles must be parked and paid in the regular parking lots.
- If the reception is closed, we ask you to pay the parking fee at the parking ticket machine next to the reception. Electricity can be paid directly via coins at the pillar. At night a guard checks all license plates.
- We ask for your understanding that a refund of the parking space costs is not possible in case of an early departure.
- 110 pitches (designed for both smaller and larger vehicles)
- restrooms and washbasins on site
- showers at the Wankbahn valley station: 1,00 € per 6 minutes
- free internet: login data for WiFi available on registration
- electricity: 1,00 € per 1 kWh
- fresh water hook-ups
- disposal facilities for rubbish, grey water and black water (chemical toilets)
Please note: In winter, grey water disposal may not be possible due to snow and ice.
- Possibilities to exchange gas bottles: Replacement gas bottles are available at the camp site on Mount Wank as well as at the nearby hagebaumarkt (hardware store) and at Baustoffe FRAJO.
- Breakfast rolls from Wednesday to Sunday: Order the day before, pick up in the Wankstüberl from 8 a.m.
- In summer, guests of the camp site can have breakfast at Sonnenalm at a reduced price. Discount codes for booking the “Breakfast on Mount Wank” combination ticket are provided to guests on registration
- Supermarket: 800 metres or a 10-minute walk from the camp site on Mount Wank
- Excursions & activities: The camp site is located close to the Wankbahn valley station and thus boasts direct access to all activities on Mount Wank
- Restaurants (only open in summer): Wankstüberl (Wankbahn valley station) and Sonnenalm on Mount Wank
- Transport connections: The local bus lines 4 and 5 go to the Wankbahn valley station until the end of November.